Thursday 26 April 2018

Widgets

Whitewash - Poem

I tried to paint you in so many
Different colours in my memory
Each represented different
Shades of your personality

Pink was for tenderness
Yellow for exuberance
Purple was for love and,
Red for confidence...

I painted you in all colours, but one
Which I saved for myself
Sky blue for longing and limerence
Was always on my shelf…

I am sinking into your thoughts
Or drowning in your dreams
What is real, what is fiction
Blurs and seem more dim  

I realised your thought
Is eating me piece by piece
I am losing control over myself
In the process bit by bit…

I am trying not to enter
Again in that deadly zone
feet on the ground affixed
and trying not to get blown

So, I tried to whitewash all the colours
Of you from my memory
Red, yellow, orange, green,
Purple, peach, and ivory.

But before completely forgetting you,
a “tear of blood” spilled from eyes
On the whitewash and alas,
Gave me realisation How Much I Love You… 

~Digvijay Sanjay Patil

0 comments :

Post a Comment